Important Notice: As we work towards implementing our Environmental Management System (ISO14001:2015 certification) a new mandatory training module has been created to support our certification – Supplemental Training: Environmental Management System Awareness Orientation – Course ID – 117”. This module is required to be completed along with your Tier and CAR training.
Critical Activities Requirements (CAR) Training
CARs are intended to establish minimum requirements for performing critical activities in order to protect people from significant harm.
Please Note: Effective February 10, 2023, contractors working in Ontario operations are not required to complete the following Car Modules:
- CAR08: Ground Stability Orientation
- CAR09: Explosives Orientation
- CAR10: Working with Electricity Orientation
These awareness modules provide an overview of the updated CARs that are in the process of being fully implemented across our operations.
- These awareness modules do not qualify anyone to perform a critical activity. Full qualification to perform critical activities depends on other existing operational technical training.
- CAR Modules 01-05 are required to be completed prior to anyone performing critical work associated with these CAR Modules. Only those who have completed this training will be able to perform critical activities on Vale sites.
- Deadline: For CAR Modules 06-11 - All Vale workers (employees and contractors/service providers) who perform critical activities must complete these awareness modules no later than December 30, 2022. Only those who have completed this training prior to December 30th will be able to perform critical activities on Vale sites.
- All CAR Module completions are valid for two years (730 days) from the date of completion. Each module is approximately 1 hour to complete.
To determine what CARs you need to complete, please answer the questions within our questionnaire to the best of your ability. If you have any questions, please reach out to our dedicated hotline + support team.Begin Questionnaire